Well, I have thought for a while now that Lakisha would be this year's Jennifer Hudson and get sent home Well before her time, and that nearly happened last night. As my friend Andrew said, though, perhaps this will light a fire under her, because she has been Seriously underperforming. Andrew was happy Blake was in the bottom 3. I was not. Chris MUST be the next to go - that defense of "nasally" alone should be cause for his instant ejection from the show. I LOVED how they showed All of Simon's Tuesday-night reactions to Chris - what a greatly terrible coincidence that Simon appears to be dismissively rolling his eyes at Chris's good thoughts for the people affected by the VT massacre. It has the appearance of pure evil that you rarely get to see. It's something a super-villain would do. Of course he clearly was not paying attention to a damn thing Chris was saying at that point, having (understandably) tuned him out when he defended "nasally" as "a kind of singing."
So the Sanjaya buffer is gone. Everyone is potentially in danger now (except Melinda - that girl's gonna win it all). How do I love them? Let me rank them.
6. Chris - please do not vote for him. If you like Boy Band, vote Blake, who at least knows that you sing with your mouth, not your nose.
5. Penishead - no longer my least favorite. I worry that he will last longer than he should (top 3)
4. Jordin - I know, 4 is low for her, but I have not been wowed the way others have. She is like a more talented Diana DiGarmo to me; something rubs me the wrong way.
3. Lakisha - slipping ... she must make her triumphant comeback Next Week!
2. Blake - he is the guiltiest pleasure ever. The song he sang this week ("When the Stars Go Blue"), was written and first recorded by Ryan Adams, not Tim McGraw, by the way. That's RYAN Adams, not BRYAN Adams. Do not make that mistake. I hear he hates it.
1. Melinda - clearly in a class by herself right now. Lakisha is the only person whose talent even comes close to Melinda's. The only person who can beat Melinda, I think, is Jordin, mainly because she's talented enough AND kids are apt to vote for her more than they are for Melinda.
More next week, for sure.
Innovations for the Modern Novelist
18 hours ago