Title: Top of the Heap
Author: A.A. Fair (Erle Stanley Gardner)
Cover artist: Robert McGinnis
Estimated value: $8-10
- Well, *not* the hair. That's some full-on Cruella Deville nonsense.
- If you stare at her boobs (and why not?) it's like you're looking at a very fancy black cat waiting to pounce on the spinning ball.
- I've seen some opera gloves in my time, but those are the operaiest.
- Oh, there she is again.
- "Was" ... and the reason we dropped the "Was" was ...?
- Is this a poem. This feels like a poem. I mean ... it's not Roethke, but it's OK.
"How was the money secured for the development work?"
I swear to you that that is the most exciting line on this horribly boring page. It was that or "Something about the name appealed to the investing public." Or, "Permission was given to sell the stock at par value zzzzzzzz..." etc.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]