Title: G.I. Jokes
Compiled by: Lou Nielsen
Cover art: [William Strohmer]
Estimated value: $10-15
- A catalogue of acceptable and unacceptable [Laugh syllables] in crossword puzzles. HEH! HAHA! HOHO! All fine, but once you get into the HAWs, things get dicey, and HEEEE! ... well, that's right out. And now all I want to do is put it in a puzzle grid...
- This dude seems So Happy to be a G.I.
- The cover design here is really nice. Clean and bright, with fantastic font action, and an explosion of brown chalk marks that looks simultaneously explosive and floral ... or like a barrel just fell apart and this dude's smiling mug was what was inside.
- Everything. Just ... all of it. I am in love with all of it.
- Speaking of crosswords: WAC.
- Love the surreal mass of female humanity in the background, contrasted with the strong, luminescent isolation of our discriminating main character and her frustrated antagonist.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]