Title: Mourn the Hangman
Author: Harry Whittington
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $20-25
Condition: 5 (*only* because of water stain / slight warp—it's tight and square and cover is Amazing)
- Pulled this one out of Aunt Agatha's crime/mystery bookstore in Ann Arbor. It was an impulse buy. Their idea of a "point-of-purchase display" is an authentic vintage paperback bookshelf (which I drooled over) choked to the gills with vintage paperbacks. So much nicer than the 5-Hour Energy Drink point-of-purchase displays you get at most bookstores ...
- My first thought on seeing this cover: Robert Ryan is pointing a gun at me!
- My second thought on seeing this cover: That is the greatest Fear Hand I've ever seen.
- And *there*'s the condition problem. But WhoTF cares about the back cover? This book is otherwise gorgeous.
- Excuse me, gotta do this: [clears throat] ... "STELLLLLAAAAA!"
- Whoa. Dark revenge narrative. I'm in.
Clinton Edwards opened the door of his Seminole Heights home. When he saw Blake, he seemed to go lax all over.
"My bowels!" he cried, probably.
PS bonus interior! (I really should start cataloguing interior design/illustration as well)