Title: Sanctuary (with Requiem for a Nun)
Author: William Faulkner
Cover artist: photo cover
Estimated value: $10-15
- When Lee Remick wants a rewrite, Lee Remick *gets* a rewrite.
- "Sure, it's filth, but it's Nobel-winning filth, so devour it with a clear conscience, dear readers."
- Not sure who's in the foreground (I like to imagine it's Faulkner), but he's got some grade-A Fear Hand going on. Her hand is more Claw Hand / Slap Hand.
- That description of Temple Drake (great name!) is both sizzling and ultra-vague. "Courts horror" is an awkward phrase to say and look at.
- William Faulkner looks like Peter Sellers playing William Faulkner.
Then he was standing over and she was saying Come on. Touch me. Touch me! You're a coward if you don't. Coward! Coward!
The confused waiter smiled and returned slowly to the safety of the kitchen.