Title: The Problem of the Wire Cage
Author: John Dickson Carr
Cover artist: Gilbert Fullington
Estimated value: $10-15
- Game, set, MURDER!
- MURDER, anyone?!
- MURDER commits a foot fault!
- "Oh my, I think he's dead. I'll just check his pulse. Let's see, I ... I just push my hand against his left shoulder, right? Like this? Right, Steve? Steve, honey, is this right? Knuckles-to-shoulder?"
- So much Fear Hand in this picture. They are both double-Fear-Handing it, for the rare QuadraFearHand™.
- "She's trapped in there with a corpse! How will I ever ... oh wait this is just a chain link fence, I'll just walk around ha ha silly me."
- MURDER has a respectable two-hand backhand!
- *Someone* has never solved a jigsaw puzzle, or sucks at metaphors.
- Old Nick Young, winner of Most Oxymoronic Name three years running. Take that, Big Steve Small!
"I suppose you know you could get into a lot of trouble for what you've been doing here today?"
The words jerked Hugh upright.
No more jerking, Hugh!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]