Author: W. Somerset Maugham
Cover artist: Uncredited (who does these awesome psychedelic late '60s Avon covers!?)
Estimated value: $15 (bit scuffed, but very tight, square, barely if ever read)
- This is like "Being There" meets "Laugh-In" meets "Planes Trains and Automobiles" meets "Monty Python" meets "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor MURDER Coat"!
- This cover is Milton Glaser-esque.
- Purple? The spy wore ... purple? Really?
- It's like a dream catcher ... for breaths.
- There's a lot of "Cold" here. Nothing about the color scheme says "Cold." Earth tones never say "Cold."
- I prefer my dens ruddy.
R. was a soldier and regarded introspection as unhealthy, unEnglish and unpatriotic.
Great sentence, but one that cries out especially hard for an Oxford comma.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]