Title: Treasure of the Brasada
Author: Les Savage, Jr.
Cover artist: Stanley Borack
Estimated value: $8-12
- She's got the whole gun / amulet / boob trifecta going. Dude's like "Whoa... easy."
- Gun-crotch nexus. Who has the phallus now, buddy!
- I think she stopped a lynching. Or else she interrupted some very risky sex play.
- Hey, it's Les Savage's son, Even Less Savage!
- I got this paperback in a vintage clothing store in Minneapolis.
- Look out! Arrows!
- "The faint rattle of mesquite berries" is how I will describe the sound of my next chest cold.
- This (long!) description is vague to the point of making me not care.
- "Try it. Come on, try it. I'm here. Try it." These are some pretty mediocre 70s dance song lyrics.
"Let's close the poke," he said.
Early Texans had very lively idiomatic sexual expressions.
P.S. I've been pretty lax with the updates recently because of a million things, but I'm gonna try diligently to get on a (minimum) M / F posting schedule.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]