Title: Joy Killer
Author: Ralph Brandon
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $20 (unread / perfect condition)
[Newest addition to the Doug Peterson Collection!]
- I think that's her underwear on the floor wax can there. I think. For their sakes, I really hope the floor wax is for the floor.
- Seaman Apprentice! Subtle.
- I can't get over the fact that together, their names make BABY KILLER.
- Once again, Vega (and Fabian, and Saber) books are the best, that is, the worst, in a good way. God bless Sanford Aday and his short-lived Fresno-based softcore ridicu-porn empire.
- That first sentence of the second paragraph makes me think the writer hasn't really mastered the art of the conjunction.
- So they're both kinky, but not in compatible ways? Am I reading that last sentence right?
- I believe that the title "Joy Killer" makes absolutely no sense. Unless there is some as-yet unmentioned character named Joy ... nope, even then, no sense.
"An orgy of sensual lust! Oh Killer, that sounds so exciting."
"I'm trying to help you, you depraved female. Now pay attention to what the book says."
There follows several pages of Killer reading aloud from some kind of sex-phobic sex manual for new wives, which is then followed by a marriage consummation scene in which "I plunged my throbbing masculinity into the depths of her quivering feminity [sic]."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]