Title: Case of the Village Tramp
Author: Jonathan Craig
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $15-20
- Detective Peter Selby prepares to add another tiara to his collection.
- Detective Peter Selby could use a new mattress too, actually, now that he thinks of it.
- Today this apartment goes for $1.8 million.
- I want to go to the Village Bar. Right now. I think Detective Peter Selby does too.
- One Red Shoe is paperback code for TRAMP (I guess).
- The belt.
- "Small *black* pumps? [Looks at cover] Aw, crap, someone get the art department on the phone!"
- I feel like "this was the Big Sleep" needs a HUGE asterisk next to it.
"You're talking to the wall, lover," she said. "Good-by and good luck."
Another great line I insist you use today. I need to start a compilation. Maybe a line of t-shirts.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]