Titles: Dictators Die Hard / Evil is the Night
Authors: Robert A. Levey / John Creighton
Cover artists: Uncredited / Uncredited
Estimated value: $25-30
- Dictators Die Hard—Stenographers Spank Harder!
- Dictators Die Hard—You're Looking At My Chest, Aren't You?
- I love the composition of this cover. Logically, this must depict two different scenes, but I like the idea of her staring down the gunman. "Oh, am I distracting you?" "I hope you're man enough to make the shot." "You *better* not be pointing that thing at me." "Hurry up so we can go riding, you tiresome lout!"
- She borrowed her ascot from a foppish squirrel.
- I hate to think where that thing's been.
- "I'm thinking of calling my book 'Tender is the Night'" "That title's taken." "Hmmm…."
I stared at McMahon, and Hibbs scowled at me. Nobody said anything. It was an uncomfortable moment.
This took 9th place in Yakima County's "Write Like Raymond Carver Day" competition.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]