Title: The Space Swimmers
Author: Gordon Dickson
Cover artist: Richard Powers
Estimated value: $5-10
Best things about this cover:
- It was originally titled "The Space Sperm," but … you know.
- Yoga Joe knew all the angles.
- This is a really unusual Richard Powers cover. His stuff's usually more epic and spindly and exotic. This is pretty muddled and boring coming from the guy who did the cover for Sirens of Titan.
Best things about this back cover:
- Skye Terrier!
- Patrick Joya, author of "The Joya Sex."
- There's some pretty hackneyed phrasing in here, capped off by that last little bit. Yuck.
"Now and ever," replied Johnny. "Right from the very beginning, whether we knew it or not, they've been the only hope we had."
I can almost feel the wind blowing through his hair as he stares meaningfully off into the distance. Space opera by way of Douglas Sirk.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]