Title: Appointment with Death
Author: Agatha Christie
Cover artist: Gerald Gregg
Estimated value: $15-25
Best things about this cover:
- "Where have you been? You're late. We had an appointment. [Sigh]. I guess we can get coffee and wait for the next tour to start, but … I really wish you'd called." #PassiveAggressiveDeath
- Killer Gerald Gregg cover. KILLER.
- "AN Hercule Poirot Mystery"—I like that the cover knows the "H" is silent.
Best things about this back cover:
- O, man, jackpot. First off, MAPBACK!
- Second off, check out the 1946 map! Predates existence of Israel by a scant two years.
- Third, check out the insert map from "Star Wars." You can see a Jawa camp and everything.
"None of the servants seemed to be about, but I found some soda water and drank it."
You'll thrill to the tale of the intrepid rich guy who risked all to survive in … A House Without Servants.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]