Title: The Jungle Seas
Author: Arthur A. Ageton
Cover artist: James Meese
Estimated value: $5-10
Best things about this cover:
- "I think that's … yeah, that's just a freckle, Kathy. You're gonna be fine."
- Navy Vampires of Tonga!
- He likes it when you scratch him here. *Really* likes it.
- James Meese wants you to know that he can sure as hell paint hands. All hands, all day, mother*ckers!
Best things about this back cover:
- Dude's like, "Squirrel!?"
- "… a book to join THE CAINE MUTINY … on that shelf of books I haven't read."
- "full-bodied" [wink!]
"Yes, sir. Was I groaning?"
"Were you groaning? Boy, you let out a scream that scared me right out of a sound sleep. Who's Rogers?"
"Uh … Rogers? … uh … he's this guy … you know … definitely not a former lover, if that's what you're thinking … oh, no wait. I mean 'Ginger'! 'Ginger Rogers!' Forget that other stuff I said. Ginger Rogers. Guys scream for her, right? Right. Ginger."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]