Title: Haunted Lady
Author: Mary Roberts Rinehart
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for : $11
Best things about this cover:
- Drunk bat photobomb!
- Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Seriously, stop. It's weird.
- This is what happens when you keep bats as pets, lady. WTF?
- Seriously, Drunk Bat's like "What up, bitches! I'm all up in your fotoz!"
Best things about this back cover:
- Mmmmm …. mmmmapback!
- "Porte-cochere" is a hilarious word to me. You find them mainly on rich people's houses in mid-century crime novels (see esp. Chandler). Still, sounds like an hors d'oeuvre to me.
- This novel must be heavy on interior detail and in-house action, because that is one superabundantly labeled map.
It took her by surprise. She stared at him. Then a look of horror spread over her face. She looked wildly about the room, at Hilda, at the door. She even half rose from her chair. "I don't know what you mean," she managed to gasp.What's the opposite of "poker face"?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]