Sunday, July 6, 2014

Paperback 797: Anatomy of Seduction / Jud Blaine (Softcover Library B856X)

Paperback 797: Softcover Library B856X (PBO, 1965)

Title: Anatomy of Seduction
Author: Jud Blaine
Cover artist: Uncredited

Yours for: $10

SoftcoverB856X

Best things about this cover:
  • The angle of his head … is the best thing about this cover. "Uh … hi, Mrs. Boobs, can, uh, boobs come out and, uh ... boobs?"
  • THAT. Not THE woman. THAT woman. Oh, suburban scandal, I love you so much.
  • "Uh, I like your hair … it's like the cotton candy they got at the midway."
  • "Uh … thanks … I think it's called 'Members Only' …"
  • This should be called "Anatomy of a doorknob" 'cause that is some nice detail there.
  • The phrase "teen-age innocence" is hilarious.
  • You can choose any pseudonym and you go with "Jud"? I really hope that's short for "Judy." 

SoftcoverB856Xbc

Best things about this back cover:
  • That's a lot of weight to put on a word normally reserved nowadays for a leg syndrome.
  • The whole "filthy suburbanite" genre amuses me no end. "Behind the veneer of middle-class respectability: orgies."
  • "Sudden froth of lust"! That's the textual equivalent of the money shot right there.
  • If the book scorches my memory … then … fuck, I forgot what I was going to say.

Page 123~

"You want a drink, baby?"
"No, thank you. Nor do you."
He grinned at her. "You'd make a nice, nagging wife."
"I've been a wife to too many men ever to be foolish enough to tie up with one."

Well if she doesn't want that drink, I'll take it.

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]

2 comments:

Graham Powell said...

Anatomy of... did I mention anatomy?

bill baud said...

the kid looks kind of james dean-ish (even the red jacket like dean's in "rebel..." the girl's eyes look like annette funicello