Title: Anatomy of Seduction
Author: Jud Blaine
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- The angle of his head … is the best thing about this cover. "Uh … hi, Mrs. Boobs, can, uh, boobs come out and, uh ... boobs?"
- THAT. Not THE woman. THAT woman. Oh, suburban scandal, I love you so much.
- "Uh, I like your hair … it's like the cotton candy they got at the midway."
- "Uh … thanks … I think it's called 'Members Only' …"
- This should be called "Anatomy of a doorknob" 'cause that is some nice detail there.
- The phrase "teen-age innocence" is hilarious.
- You can choose any pseudonym and you go with "Jud"? I really hope that's short for "Judy."
Best things about this back cover:
- That's a lot of weight to put on a word normally reserved nowadays for a leg syndrome.
- The whole "filthy suburbanite" genre amuses me no end. "Behind the veneer of middle-class respectability: orgies."
- "Sudden froth of lust"! That's the textual equivalent of the money shot right there.
- If the book scorches my memory … then … fuck, I forgot what I was going to say.
"You want a drink, baby?"
"No, thank you. Nor do you."
He grinned at her. "You'd make a nice, nagging wife."
"I've been a wife to too many men ever to be foolish enough to tie up with one."
Well if she doesn't want that drink, I'll take it.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]