Title: The Plague of Sound (Flash Gordon 2)
Author: Con Steffanson (from orig. story by Alex Raymond)
Cover artist: G. Wilson
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- "You call that a Bach organ fugue!? Argh, your sound plagues me! Get out of my space church, Redbeard!"
- "It's OK, honey. You're safe now," he said, after bravely firing at nothing.
- I proclaim that to be the thinnest shirt ever worn by man or beast.
Best things about this back cover:
- Wow, that is one awesomely self-parodic damsel in distress. She's got the dramatic arms and the proud, heaving bosom and the blow-up doll mouth and everything.
- That first paragraph may as well say: "First, a bunch of random shit happens..."
- In the future, there will be sciences. Plural. Be there!
Sawtel's stunpistol flashed out of his tunic and quietly whirred.
Hmmm. Is that a whirring stunpistol in your tunic or are you just glad to see me?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]