Title: Blue Ribbon Romance
Author: Jane S. McIlvaine
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- "Copper's Chance" makes this sound like an entirely different (and more interesting) book. I imagine that one or more coppers are chasing her because she robbed a bank or murdered a man.
- I have no explanation for Half-Akimbo Jones there.
- That is one hell of a jump. Kinda looks like they repurposed a drawing of a carousel horse.
Best things about this back cover:
- A Girl! (go on ...) a Boy! (yes ... yes ... ) a Horse! (nope, you lost me)
- Oh, her *name* is Copper. Much less interesting.
- Stick with horse-racing, Copper! Fuck that Fowler Wankbridge guy!
"After madame," Fowler said, grinning at her, his eyes bluer than the ribbon clutched in Buck's waiting hand.
Seriously, he just called you (a 17-year-old girl) "madame." Kick him in the balls!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]