Title: The Shocking History of Advertising
Author: E.S. Turner
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $9
- The Shocking History Of Fonts!
- What "tragic ailment" does the "Other Tragic Ailments" guy have? Besides the zits he has picked at, necessitating all the little bits of toilet tissue? I'm going to guess Massive Bald Oval Head Syndrome (MBOHS).
- I'd be surprised if Dr. Scott's Electric Corset didn't sell by the truckload. I mean, look at that lady. That corset is clearly rocking her "vital organs" big time. I doubt it's a coincidence that "organs" looks a lot like "orgasm," and that the word is running right up her leg.
- I want a T-shirt with that smoking rabbit head on it.
- Blah blah blah too much text too many colors my head hurts.
- The integrated plug!? Sounds like an accessory for Dr. Scott's Electric Corset (plug sold separately).
Some excessively prudish criticisms of posters were voiced during this period. It is on record that even the Bovril bull was condemned by the town of Cork for the reason that it was too obviously a bull.
And thus I leave you with the image of massive bull schlong. You're welcome.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]