Title: So Lush, So Deadly
Author: Brett Halliday
Cover artist: photo
Best things about this cover:
- Talk about your $20 photo shoots, dear lord.
- Possibly the least manly cover I own. A slap fight? Girl's got a gun aimed at your head and you're gonna swat at her like she's a fly? I'm guessing that one second after this picture was taking, the girl with the gun just shook her head, said "pathetic," and walked away.
- Interesting how the fabric around their midsections appears blurred with motion. I'm just so so so glad the yellow towel didn't move any further.
Best things about this back cover:
- Dotty De Rham! Why am I not collecting these names!?
- I'm not sure I understand where the "Carnival" metaphor is coming from.
- Arson is a cardinal sin?
- The coolest private eye swings into hot action! Oh, Mike Shayne, you're the paradoxiest!
She was bouncing in his arms. He took her by the shoulders and made her hold still. She was still wearing the same short nightgown.
Mall Santa: After Hours.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]