Title: Strange Ones
Author: Ben Travis
Cover artist: Darcy
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- That is indeed the look of a man who "tried to love a woman" ... and then discovered she had a penis. "Why does this keep happening to me!?"
- "I don't understand why we keep playing hide-and-seek. There's just this one room and there's nowhere to hide." "Shut up, hide your eyes, and start counting!" "[Sigh] 1, 2, 3 ..."
- "Look at my armpit. She is sexy, no? You like ..."
- Sideboob! Two books in a row!
Best things about this back cover:
- Arrows say he had "warped desires," but then text says he was poor and hungry and turned tricks so he could eat. That hardly seems fair.
- "To prove his manhood, Ray raped a girl." Who doesn't love a good old-fashioned "Boy Rapes Girl To Become Ungay" story?
- For all the stupidity of this back cover, I love the arrows. Nice design element.
"The conclusion seems rather obvious to me. Either I have too vivid an imagination, or you're living with Luther now and he's keeping you for your only talent."
Somewhat anti-climactically, that "talent" turns out to be "making hand shadow puppets."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]