Title: What a Body!
Author: Alan Green
Cover artist: Gil Darling
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy ... oh, it's just a gun."
- "Hey, easy ... gimme that back. That's my special novelty lighter I got for being second-best regional sales manager in Pensacola."
- "OK, hon, you hold real still ... I'm gonna practice my ninja moves on you now. First, I crouch in plain sight, in broad daylight, in a sky blue suit. Next ..."
Best things about this back cover:
- Well, it's legendary, and you can see why.
- I can't even snark this. It comes pre-snarked.
- The best part about this chart is the arbitrary numbers. I mean, is there really an 11% chance I'll be able to place my date in my overcoat pocket? One in ten of my dating prospects is roughly the size of a ferret? That number seems awfully high.
- Was there ever a time where that woman looked appealing? Her boobs are non-existent, which is fine—no reason every woman should be busting out of her clothes—but she also has this odd growth on her head and she appears to have just strangled some poor scraggly bird. She looks like she's on her way to a funeral, or to worship Satan.
Prune-juice fancier that he was, he went on sipping staring into the hypnotic depths of the swimming-pool.That is surely the only time in the history civilization that that particular opening clause has been used. And for the record, that sentence is punctuated *precisely* as it appears in the book, however unbelievable that may seem.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]