Title: The Anatomy of Adultery
Author: Gary Gordon
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- Mmm, sexy. Sexy sexy pen set.
- "Searching probe"
- Nothing says "illicit sex" like faux-wood veneer.
- When a dirty ashtray is, by far, the most interesting thing on your cover, then your cover is not good.
Best things about this back cover:
- The title is "Anatomy of Adultery," and yet the covers feature neither anatomy nor adultery. Rip-off!
- First paragraph is confusing. Why are people committing adultery with vagrants?
- "Up to and including murder" = "including murder"; what's this "up to" stuff? Was copywriter on a strict word count?
[Britain's] history, from murderous Queen Elfreda of the Saxons, through Henry VIII, Pepys, Frank Harris, and W.T. Stead's sensational Maiden Tribute of Modern Babylon, gives solid evidence that this supposedly reserved nation better deserves the title "world's sexiest race" than do the French.I'm not sure this is convincing, though, to be fair, murderousness and beheadings *are* pretty sexy ...
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]