Title: Dr. Prescott's Secret
Author: Peggy Gaddis
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- "A Novel That Had To Be Written ... seriously, Ms. Gaddis was contractually obligated to produce a third novel for us, and this is it."
- "Doctor Prescott's Secret" sounds like some kind of olde-timey elixir, or some product used in baking. A leavening agent, maybe. "Doctor Prescott's Secret: For All Your Vegan Baking Needs!
- One thing you need to know about the 50s and 60s is that keyholes were gigantic and ladies were often naked.
Best things about this back cover:
- "This isn't hard enough to read yet. Let's make the font tiny, faint, and ... ooh, I know, italicized. That'll be effective!"
- By "a racket which had become one of the most obnoxious social evils of our times," I assume they mean "Girl Scouts" (kidding!)
- Cancers grow. I don't think they "grow up." If your cancer gets surly, gets a drivers license, and eventually moves out of the house, consider yourself lucky.
But just the same, it had steel claws that tore at her until she was weak with the need for Nick's body possessing her own.
You'll be happy to know that "it" is lust — "sheer animal lust," to be exact — and not some sadistic robot.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]