Title: Honest Sex
Authors: Rustum & Della Roy
Cover artist: no
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- "Honest Sex"— Honestly? No thanks.
- If "Rustum & Della Roy" aren't pseudonyms, I don't know what are.
- These folks better be swingers—otherwise this book is going to be a Major disappointment.
- I like how the punch line of the entire cover (besides the author names) is "Christians"; you're just reading along, figuring you're looking at any old sex book, and bam. Sexy Christians, eh? Hmmm, I'm intrigued ...
Best things about this back cover:
- Whoa whoa whoa! Which of these things is not like the other!? Dear lord. The fact that "Abortion" is even on this list gives me a pretty idea of what these authors think of kinky (or even ordinary) sex.
- The "Playboy" endorsement does, however, give me some hope ... I really, really can't wait for Page 123 on this one.
Reluctant wives (rarely, reluctant husbands) are sometimes involved after persuasion by their spouses. The reports on the experience are so favorable—including a great deal of unanimity on the improvement of the marriage as a result of such experience—that we have hypothesized that the cause may lie deeper than the simple fact of having coitus with two or more partners. Unfortunately, we have had no personal contact with anyone who has participated in any club or even minimally organized mate-sharing.A little clinical, but awesome nonetheless. First, that parenthetical aside. Nice. Second, "coitus." Yuck. There's a word designed to make you Not want to have sex. Third, "Unfortunately..." HA ha. "Me and Rustum were just talking about how we wish we knew some swappers so we could, you know, do some, uh, first-hand research, as it were."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]