Author: John L. Shelley
Cover artist: Saul Levine
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- I love how excited the title is just to be alive! Exclamation point! And I *love* how the exclamation point is *so* excited that it's falling over.
- I also love how the shooter is making that great, wincey, western, "I'll get ye, ye rascally varmint" face.
- His partner has fallen in perhaps the most awkward position I've ever seen a dead body in on a paperback cover.
- Check out the interior title page — very cool:
And the back cover:
Best things about this back cover:
- "Let Sleeping Lawdogs Lie" is phenomenally lame. Is "lawdog" even a word?
- "Lived to kill ... killed to live ... wrong end of a rope ... right end of a gun" — somebody's been practicing his bad movie trailer patter.
Broady came to him, an ancient Sharps buffalo gun in the crook of his arm. His broad face split in a dusty grin and he patted the stock of the weapon.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]