Title: Payment Deferred
Author: C.S. Forester
Cover artist: Harry Schaare
Yours for: $6
Best things about this cover:
- The hot new sequel to "Interest Accrued," from the publishers who brought you "Expenses Deducted"
- "They're after me, Gladys! I know they are. You defer *one* payment and they sic the dogs on you. That's why I've put my throne by the window, so I can keep my eye ... hey! What's that? Is someone going through our trash? Oh. No, just a raccoon. Here, get me some more Red Bull, would ya? Gotta stay alert ..."
- I love her face — happy, like she's imagining what she'll do with his money when he's inevitably bumped off.
Best things about this back cover:
- "... will keep you chained to your chair..." — That's pretty vivid. "This book will perform such degrading acts of bondage upon you that you'll be forced to acknowledge its awesomeness."
- Hey, looks like the original hardcover features a guy looking out a window, too. I'll take the cover with the sexily murderous strawberry blonde any day of the week.
For once he was neither the hotel prisoner nor yet was he at home with his father. It was the transition stage. He spent his time deliciously, luxuriously.
Ah, the transition stage from hotel prisoner to home with father. Such a heady time in a young man's life.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]