Title: Air Bridge
Author: Hammond Innes
Cover artist: Al Rossi
Yours for: $17
Best things about this cover:
- Looks like the final frame in a Douglas Sirk melodrama. "We'll follow that Air Bridge, darling ... follow it ... to Freedom!" [cue music ... and cue credits]
- That is a *lot* of coat he's wearing. Note that it's enveloping not just him, but the adoring, beret-wearing lady he's got his arm around as well — the one who looks like she's thinking: "Forget the airplanes for one second and kiss me, you gorgeous slab of a man!"
- Check out Heckle and Jeckle conspiring in the shadowy background. "To be continued ... ?"
Best things about this back cover:
- Why does all the danger in paperback cover copy descriptions come in "web" form?
- SAETON? ELSE!?!? What, are you using a Ouija Board to name your characters?
- "DIANA, who wanted Saeton with the hard passion of a man..." Hot girl-on- ... whatever SAETON is ... action!
His voice had risen and there was a wild look in his eyes. "Forget about yourself. Forget about me. Won't you do this for your country?"
"No," I said.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]