Author: Charlotte Armstrong
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $6
- Love the eerie, vertiginous, slightly puke-green staircase. Worthy of dungeons or Dali-esque nightmares.
- Her "secret" appears to be that despite being a grown woman, she likes to slide down banisters. Or else she has a severed head in that bag. One or the other.
- Oooh, the Oakland Tribune. Well la-di-dah.
- "WEB OF TERROR" — get it? Author's name is CHARLOTTE Armstrong. And she has created a WEB OF TERROR. CHARLOTTE'S WEB ... OF TERROR! "Wilbur, no!!!!!"
- "Then on their honeymoon she stumbled on a deadly secret" — such a promising line. So disappointing to know that the secret is just a stupid scrap of paper.
Alice breathed in the reality of Tony-alive and Tony-here. She didn't much care about anything else at the moment.
"Tony-alive" was, of course, the very unsuccessful follow-up to Hasbro's "Baby Alive."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]