Title: The Female Man
Author: Joanna Russ
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- "See, you thought I was a woman, but under these boobs ... no, wait, under these boobs ..."
- You decide: crazy red hair that conveniently hides her (apparently faux) vagina? or monstrous red pubic hair that is attempting to eat her head?
- "Dad, this stripper is scaring me. Can we go home now?"
Best things about this back cover:
- "Reality Times 3" — sounds like a very bad educational / religious rap act.
- Passive voice cavalcade in that fourth sentence is setting my teeth on edge.
- Apparently a reference to Philip Wylie's "The Disappearance" meant something to someone at some point.
I want love. (she dropped her paper cup of lemonade and covered her face with her hands.)
Wow, they really screwed up her order.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]