Title: The April Robin Murders
Author: Craig Rice and Ed McBain
Cover artist: Robert McGinnis
Yours for: SOLD (June '09)
Best things about this cover:
- Signature super-hot McGinnis woman ... until you get up to the head. Then it's The Joker's mom. Holy moly.
- I hope I don't offend anyone when I say that McGinnis draws the best asses, anywhere, ever. His women tend to be a little gaunt and a little dead-eyed for me, in general, but from waist to knees I have zero complaints.
- Oddly comical cover for McGinnis, perhaps because the book is a kind of dark comedy. Love the Spy vs. Spy wavy dagger in the dead guy's hand. Also, love his hand. Awesome agony hand.
Best things about this back cover:
- I think you mean "A Front," but OK.
- I want you to write a story for me that begins "So Bingo and Handsome..." I would read that story.
- Why are those phrases hyphenated in the second paragraph. So Wrong. So Wrong. Trying to see humor ... failing ...
- I would wear a t-shirt that read simply "What You Need In Hollywood Is "Front"" - enigmatic!
- Um, I just noticed that she has pompons on her ankles for some reason. What the hell is that all about? Or is she being attacked by Evil Tribbles?
There were a great many things to say, Bingo reflected, and none of them really seemed to fit the occasion. He stood by the doorway, deciding between "How did you get in?" "What are you doing here?" and "Who are you?"