Title: Death is the Last Lover
Author: Henry Kane
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- The color scheme. It's gutsy - pink, baby blue, and then ... some kind of maroon
- The title - sensationalist writing at its best / worst. Does she literally sleep with Death, or does her John kill her, or what?
- Thank god Death was her last lover - that makes a much better title than "Herb the Copier Salesman from Wichita is the Last Lover"
- Her face is unfortunate. The painting makes her look vapid, which is inherently unsexy. I do dig that oversized hat box she's sitting on, though. Her legs and cleavage aren't awful either.
Best things about this back cover:
- Personally, I like "bosoms and brandies" with pretty much anything.
- That negligee has too many adjectives. It stopped being sexy right around adjective #3
- Oh look, it's that insipid face again. Nope, it's no sexier in blue tone.
I sat near her, enjoying the warmth of her thigh. "Honey," I said, "you're a nice, sweet, attractive gal, and I'm crazy about you."
"Yeah, I remember," she said.
Wow, she talks a lot cooler than she looks.