Title: The Professor and the Co-Ed
Author: Babette Hall
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- This guy must have gotten his Ph.D. in Gigantic Chalkboardery
- "How do you like my perky breasts, professor?" / "I'd like them a whole lot better if you'd actually point them in this direction, you idiot."
- "My hands can do the splits" / "Uh, yes, that's very nice. Get out."
- Seriously, that guy looks way more annoyed than he does excited.
- Sometimes I write autobiographical stuff under the name "Babette Hall" ...
Best things about this back cover:
- I love blurbs that are descriptive rather than qualitative. So thank you ... Marc Connelly, whoever you are.
- I don't think I can do anything to add to the hilarity of Professor Shaw's revealing, sadistic diatribe.
- "Top critics have hailed this novel, and millions of readers agree..." - agree that WHAT!? Hailed it as WHAT? Way to avoid the whole "quality" issue.
- That Ladies' Home Journal blurb ... I've never seen anything like it. It's not related to anything. It's a complete non sequitur designed only to take up space, as far as I can tell.
I'm trying to make sense of Any of the sentences on this page, and I'm failing. I can barely make grammatical sense of them. Let's try this:
On the other hand I suspected there was something false in my philosophy because Phineas Todd wanted more than any of us, and accused the other Goat-singers of being satisfied with crumbs. It was all very confusing. I hoped to find the answer in Hollywood
But Seattle in my affections wasn't any larger than the pink bauble, not as large actually, being more remote.