Title: Call of the Wild
Author: Jack London
Cover artist: N/A
There is only one reason I own this book: the texture. Can you see? Can you see the lizardy surface? It's just So Weird. I don't know when this edition was published, or why, but here it is. I believe I once saw one of these books in red. Same book ... just red. I may have dreamed that, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. There is literally No text on the back of this book. It's just ... blue. Apparently this textured cover thing was supposed to be fancy; a note on the publishing info page reads: "Specially selected immortal literature, handsomely designed with luxurious, leatherette finish covers." I will now assess the validity of this statement on a word-by-word basis:
- "Specially selected..." - if they say so. I can't dispute this.
- "... immortal..." - it's literature, not a vampire.
- " ... literature, ..." - sure, go on ...
- "... handsomely designed ..." - stretching it...
- "with luxurious..." - I challenge
- "leatherette finish covers" - so that's what you call that texture. "Leatherette." This must be one of those rare instances where the "-ette" suffix means "not."