Title: Triple Slay
Author: Adam Knight
Cover artist: [Robert Schulz]
Best things about this cover:
- Yesterday, I said I'd buy pretty much any vintage paperback that featured a girl with a gun on its cover. I'd like to expand that claim to include girls with knives or other assorted weaponry.
- She's really holding that knife in the jabby / kill position. Not fooling around...
- Why do I find her completely unsexy?
- Unless this novel involves baseball, that title is terrible.
Best things about this back cover:
- God, the copywriter really goes on a cliché bender in that second paragraph. I also love how much mileage (and perhaps joy) said copywriter is getting out of the "[pregnant pause] MURDER!" line...
- "The beautiful brunette has a face and figure that could send a man ... to murder." (front cover)
- "LIGHTS ... CAMERA ... MURDER!!!"
- "... he discovers that a killer is setting the stage - for murder."
- "Mari Barstow" ... "Steve Conacher" ... these names are almost as bad as "Barr Breed." Clearly I need to start a running list of the Most Ridiculous Character Names in my collection. I'll get on that soon.
- What's a "TV singer?"