Author: Vardis Fisher
Cover artist: Daniel Schwartz
Estimated value: $7-10
[from the Laura R. Braunstein Collection]
- The only thing scarier than her fright makeup is her linebacker hands. Look at those meat claws, dear god!
- Why would you kneel in the river like that? Serious question.
- Her mouth! We get it, she's "savage," dial it back.
- I do like the way the light shines off her hip.
- Chief Wahoo on Cleveland Indians uniforms. Dakota Access Pipeline. This dehumanizing shit must be exhausting.
- Ah, the "savage white girl" trope. See Natalie Wood in "The Searchers."
- I wish this were titled "A Virile Young Scotsman, or, The Debauchery"
- Rawboned! The bones of this book have not seen fire! Like sushi, are these bones!
"Coming!" he whispered.
He whispered with an exclamation point? Wow. Graphic.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]