Title: Eros Laughed
Author: Bart Mayes —credited nowhere on either front or back cover :(
Cover artist: "Cover photo by Sam Wu" ("photo posed by professional model")
Estimated value: $25
- Jesus wept.
- Is that a bare mattress?
- It is at least somewhat remarkable that these books provide a *photographer* credit. Most paperbacks don't give their *fully painted covers* an artist credit.
- This book is immaculate, but for a bent-up corner of the back cover.
- "Odd" and "ball" desperately want to be reunited. See also "twenty" and "eight."
- Hey! Hidden lesbian content! That stuff's not normally, uh, hidden where these books are concerned.
- Based on the last two France covers, it appears that what men want in their fold-out covers is a generous expanse of haunch. Nothing wrong with that.
- Gonna start referring to myself as "on the dark side of thirty." I'm 46, so I think it works.
- Wow this writing is straight terrible. First, it just doesn't got with the girl pictured. Second, the whole last third of the paragraph adds nothing to either the "eros" of the passage or to character development or Anything.
- Oh, Gawd, indeed.
When Louise saw her fully clothed, she dressed, too, and they sat together tiredly, letting the coffee do its beneficial work.
Good ol' coffee. Doing the work. Easing the shame. My best friend.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]