Title: This Kill Is Mine
Author: Dean Evans
Cover artist: Oliver Brabbins
Estimated value: $12-15
- She knows we know she's justified. If anyone's begging to be shot, it's that guy. I can almost hear him saying "Cheers, m'lady [hic!]"
- I'm oddly mesmerized by the lamp, which appears to be apparating.
- I believe those are what Christa Faust would call "bitch eyebrows."
- Liquor gone. Glasses empty. Nothin' left to do but shoot this bozo and burn the place down. (At least I assume what that matchbook in the foreground is for)
- When Musical Chairs Gets Out of Hand.
- She Taunted the Loser ... with Dance!
- Awesome double fear-hand on our anonymous victim here.
- I literally don't understand that first sentence.
- "Arnold Weir figured" is an awkward way to intro your protagonist's name.
- The more I read, the stranger—and less grammatical—this story gets.
Little burrs and clicks floated across space between us while I thought about it.
"All right," I said finally. "Your place."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]