Title: The Way It Is
Author: Curt Flood
Cover artist: photo cover
Estimated value: $20-30
- We now interrupt this cover to bring you the telekinetic powers of Curt Flood!
- It's like Curt willed the ball to stop with his mind. "If you want the game to start again, I have some ... demands."
- Curt Flood with the rarely seen Self-Photobomb!
- This cover seems both ill-conceived (you're blocking the shot!) and genius (Curt Flood will not be denied!)
- Vida Blue's intro is good. Also, Vida Blue is one of the greatest baseball names of all time.
- Man, people are throwing a lot of shade at Jim Bouton.
- Back when a "sensitive, artistic black man" was apparently some kind of wonder to the NYT...
- Miguel Cabrera's breakfast costs $100,000. All ballplayers should tithe to the Church of St. Flood.
Having established the plan unilaterally, without bargaining of any kind, they felt free to modify it at will. Above all, they felt free to keep the TV and radio money for themselves. This disturbed the players.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]