Title: The Screaming Cargo / The Bullet-Proof Martyr
Author: J.M. Flynn / James A. Howard
Cover artists: Uncredited / Uncredited
Estimated value: $10
- Screaming babies in the cargo hold? Jeez. Grim.
- Love the Telly Savalas-esque skyward-looking guy. "Who loves you, screaming babies?"
- Cool font. Cool tie. Weird lambada-on-the-tarmac.
- This looks like someone's intense hate-drawing diary. Ugly, dumb, red.
- Why is the eye candy so tiny? The visual equivalent of burying the lede.
- Her left arm is the dumbest thing I've seen in 950 paperbacks worth of posing. "How's that, baby? You like it when mama puts just one arm in her jacket? Yeah, you like it." What the hell?
Page 23~ (there are no p. 123s) (from The Screaming Cargo)
She was more girl than woman. She wore her hair in a pony tail—soft dark hair. She wore a too-tight blouse and short shorts, and she had a face that might've been innocent a few weeks earlier.
A few weeks earlier ... you know, before she took up knitting. Nobody comes back from that, man. Nobody.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]