Title: The Black Rose
Author: Thomas B. Costain
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: a few bucks
[Part of the Laura R. Braunstein Collection]
- Shirtless Barbers of Medieval England!
- This dude is totally thinking "m'lady."
- "Cut this lock. The one I'm pointing to. With my pointy digits that give my arm the appearance of an angry swan ... yes, that one."
- Ooh, side by side! That's the hottest kind of lying!
- Engaine, LOL. "Oh, are you having 'Engaine' trouble? Here, I can help you start your motor..."
- "Their love was as wrong as this putrid green color you're looking at right now!"
"And now, John-Put-Upon, will you be good enough to run downstairs and ask your grandfather and my friend to come up?"
Medieval bordellos could get a little freaky.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]