Title: The Thin Man
Author: Dashiell Hammett
Cover artist: Harry Bennett
Estimated value: $15-20 (perfect, square, bright)
- Nick looks like I feel these days. "Fuck all this. Where's the bar?"
- The color shading on this is all kinds of weird. Conventional figurative art that looks like it's been cut out of a magazine by an 8-year-old and then glued into the white rectangle.
- Joey Backwards chair is explaining certain anatomical facts about himself to Millie Sweetgams, much to her amusement.
- Bah. Same.
- Cover is cropped weird. Very close to lopping off lettering on the left.
- "When you were wrestling with Mimi [!?] didn't you get excited." "Oh, a little." Man, between front and back covers, you'd think "The Thin Man" were subtitled "All About Boners."
"Good God, no! She hates men more than any woman I've ever known who wasn't a Lesbian."
Sorry, fans of movie-Nick. Didn't mean to startle you with book-Nick's dickishness. Mix a cocktail and drink until you forget you ever read the above quote.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]