Title: Six Seconds to Kill
Author: Brett Halliday
Cover artist: photo
Estimated value: sentimental, at best ($10?)
- This is either the story of the world's most efficient lady assassin or the story of a lady executive determined to squeeze all the joy she can out of the world's shortest helicopter layover. Pilot: "You need to be back here in six sec—" Lady: "I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!"
- I feel sorry for the model. That can't have been an easy pose to hold. Not in those nutso clog-heels.
- I bought this book in a vintage clothing store in Minneapolis, MN.
- Ladies and gentlemen—my new business card.
- Also, ladies and gentlemen—my new bride. (My wife will understand. She had a good run.)
- I love this classy lady: "I will drink [yes] and fuck [you go, girl] and kill Ed Meese [of cour— ... wait, what?]"
Shayne set the handbrake and got out. Understanding suddenly that she was about to be taken prisoner, she scrambled for a shotgun lying on the grass. Shayne kicked it away, pulled her to her feet and thrust her into the car.
"The fight's over. You're all by yourself, as far as I know."
I like the part where he set the handbrake.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]