Author: Theodore Pratt
Cover artist: Jack Floherty [signature]
Estimated value: $7-10
- Full frontal is cool if a. the woman is "native" or otherwise of color and b. you airbrush the nipple into virtual nothingness.
- Nothing says "sexy" like a slave auction! Seriously, this cover is infinitely gross.
- Mr. Top Hat Akimbo in the background knows it's gross. He and his bow tie are having none of it.
- If you're wondering whom the auctioneer is pointing at, just wait ...
- Sky looks even more insane back here. It's like Captain Cogitation there is summoning storm clouds with his mind. And his pointing pal is saying "Oooh, that one looks like a bunny."
- This painting is much, much better with the native slave auction cropped out of it.
- Just watched "Key Largo" and I'm pretty sure those two Native Americans that killed are called "The Osceola Brothers." This Osceola was a leader of the Seminole resistance during the Second Seminole War.
- At least this novel seems to know what the white man is a "marauder."
Indians lay in water with lily pads over their faces to hide from the white soldiers. Seminole children were buried in pits to their heads, which were covered over with palmetto to conceal them.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]