Title: Teen-Age Stray
Author: Arthur Adlon
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $15-20
- "She was down to pennies, tears and her bikini…" Is that zeugma? I've been waiting to see zeugma again since I first learned what it was 25 years ago, in my Brit Lit II class, where we were reading Alexander Pope's "Rape of the Lock." And here we are. Zeugma!
- This whole concept is not "erotic" to me. It's depressing. Except the triumphant, happy ending where she joins the erotic world of lesbianism. I approve of that.
- … and her calves never got sunburned again.
- Rex. That's a great name! Terridy, however … that's not even a plausible name, let alone a good one.
- "...a meal, a buck, and a bed…" It honestly didn't occur to me at first that "buck" might simply refer to money.
"Then talk, Rex. I like you better when you talk. You warm me."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]