Title: Replenishing Jessica
Author: Maxwell Bodenheim
Cover artist: [Phillips & Troeger / Troeger-Phillips]
Estimated value: $12-15
[Newest addition to the Doug Peterson Collection]
- Let's see … how to replenish Jessica? Sure, I'd say FIVE MEN oughta do it.
- This appears to be the story of how the Flash got married, settled down, and got a steady job with an insurance company. "Is this what you wanted, baby?" he seems to ask.
- The most reliably informed reseller of vintage paperbacks on abebooks describes this book as a "SEX and HEROIN NOVEL," so … that's unexpected. And brings the total to two—two possible ways to replenish Jessica.
- The only reason I still attend crossword tournaments is so that Doug Peterson can slip me some vintage paperback contraband in a dingy little plastic bag. It's all quite (appropriately) sordid.
- Shakespeare looks dubious about the literary merits of the publishing enterprise to which he has affixed his mug.
"This new school does away with all of the old qualms and quandaries, and we can certainly accomplish more when we know that sex is, well, is only the violent servant that we've hired for purposes of recreation."
Actually, the violent servant you've hired is named Tony, and it'll be $300/hr.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]