Title: Live and Let Die
Author: Ian Fleming
Cover artist: James Meese
Estimated value: $75-100
- The world's most ruthless diving coach doesn't want to hear your bullshit about the Chinese judge having it in for you.
- "Scrooge McDuck had to go on vacation. You deal with me now."
- You'd think with all those gold coins, he could afford a nicer office. Something less in-a-cave.
- Just in case you didn't notice: this cover is all kinds of fabulous.
- Tee-Hee. No, I'm not laughing, that's his name. His name is Tee-Hee. Tee-Hee. OK, now I'm laughing. Keep up!
- No reaction shot from Bond. I assume he just stiff-upper-lipped it, then bagged a leggy stewardess/assassin, then had a martini.
- "Take Mr. Bond to Central Perk … introduce him to Ross and Phoebe. You're job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA, Mr. Bond."
Soon they were over Miami and the monster chump-traps of the eastern seaboard, their arteries ablaze with neon.
Monster chump-traps! Nice phrase, Mr. Fleming.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]