Title: The Zap Gun
Author: Philip K. Dick
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $12-16
- Early desktop RPGs were no joke. If you rolled a Q-bert, you had to self-lobotomize while listening to Rush. Hardcore gamers wore their wrestling unitards 24/7.
- Love the old-school tech: before lobotomy guns went wireless.
- I assume the floating man in the crosshairs is Captain Nosepick's conscience, who is clearly leaving for some interplanetary vacation.
- That nose pose is gonna haunt me. Zap.
- Ooh, the 21st Century! My favorite.
- All these names are great. I can't make fun of them, as they are all very much aware of their own ridiculousness. I'm gonna borrow Lars Powderdry for my internet trolling needs.
- I got this book at the local library book sale. So much junk … and then, bam: gold. God I love the serendipity of book sales.
Lars said somberly, "You're a cog."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]