Title: Only in L.A.
Author: Murray Sinclair
Cover artist: Kirwan
Estimated value: $8-12
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, this is the first Pop Sensation book with a "1988" date.
- It's like she's daring the peeping toms. "You want some of this? Well, let's go! … Pussies."
- That is one of the '80s-est ladies ever. She looks like she's getting ready to go out to audition to be the lady on the cover of Duran Duran's "Rio." Or maybe she's headed out to visit her friend, this lady:
[Artist I'm thinking of is Patrick Nagel.]
And the back cover:
- Ah, so much high-contrast teeny tiny white text. Gah. Horrible.
- Back cover copy makes the story sound routine: "the usual political work"? "You know, blah blah whiskey blah blah corruption blah blah guns gutter dogs sleaze gun butt noir."
- This sounds like a slightly more interesting "Taken."
Aikens had talked turkey. He hadn't made a mistake or bullshitted me. I told my soul brother I wanted to go over there.
Long story short, totally not-racist white narrator's black friend "Aikens" gets blown apart by gun fire before the page is over.