Title: Jimmy Hoffa's Hot
Author: John Bartlow Martin
Cover artist: photo cover
Estimated value: $10-15
Best things about this cover:
- Lady with questionable taste says what?
- This is not a dynamic, or even a distinctive, picture. Would go equally well with book entitled, "Ohio's Best Funeral Directors."
- John Bartlow Martin also wrote Butcher's Dozen (Signet 909).
Best things about this back cover:
- Now *that* Hoffa picture — *that's* what I'm talkin' about! "The Creature Rose In Fury From The Primordial Swamp …"
- This back cover scrupulously avoids the terms "mafia" or "organized crime," opting instead only for the shadowy term, "underworld."
- "I Will Feast On Your Pancreas, Bobby Haircut!" Priceless.
MR. HOFFA: To the best of my recollection, I must recall on my memory, I cannot remember.
MR. KENNEDY: "To the best of my recollection I must recall on my memory that I cannot remember," is that your answer?
MR. HOFFA: No, I'm sorry. That last part should be "I banged your mother." I'll try to enunciate more clearly. My apologies.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]